Thursday, January 12, 2012

Showing it's ugly face

Pregnancy swelling has unfortunately been showing it's ugly face this past week. And with as bad as my preeclampsia was the first time around I am trying to do everything I can including trying to have a low sodium diet. I know I can't prevent preeclampsia but I have already been able to tell I can control some of the swelling with my diet and daily routine. My dinner tonight has become a familiar site in different variations.
I found this great guideline for a low sodium diet tonight that opened my eyes to something I don't think I'd ever have thought of: Avoid softened water for cooking and drinking since it contains added salt. We have well water that runs through a water softener! I like drinking water and normally get a good daily amount and I've been making sure that I have kept that up for this pregnancy. I don't know how much sodium actually makes it through softened water but I don't think I'm going to take a chance. I'll stick to drinking the salt free water from the store!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. Not sure what to think now?! That contradicts everything I've ever been told, but it has been 5 years since my daughter was born.

    ReplyDelete