Monday, January 9, 2012

Self-Binding Flannel Blanket

Remember that big stack of fabric I showed you Friday that I was planning on sewing up? Things didn't quite work as planned and my Friday night of sewing turned into a quiet Friday night of cutting out projects and wandering Pinterest looking for sewing ideas for baby. Last night I finished sewing up one of the projects I cut on Friday night, a self-binding flannel baby blanket. I've had this pattern bookmarked from a baby shower last year. But Cluck Cluck Sew posted a link to this tutorial that gave me the ah-ha moment of how to sew the mitered corners! The first and only other one of these blankets I made, I sewed the corners wrong the first time but thankfully checked them first before I cut the excess fabric off so I was able to fix them.
The flannel pattern was part of our Black Friday shopping that L picked out specifically for a blanket for the new baby. I was going to go back to the store for a solid color flannel to match but found this red in my stash that matches the elephants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment