Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Canning Jar Pin Cushion

So, I have no idea where my pin cushion went. Really, I have searched high and low and it might just be my scattered pregnant mind but I can't find it anywhere! And a good portion of my pins were laying out next to my sewing machine and serger. I have looked at so many different pin cushion tutorials thinking, oh I'll definitely make one of those. But have I? Nope, not a single one. When I saw the tutorial for a pin cushion jar on Make It and Love It, I knew this was one I could finally tackle. Nick had just finished one of my jars of homemade strawberry jam and it was still sitting in the kitchen waiting for someone to remember to take it back to the basement. I filled this one with all of my spare buttons but I think I'm going to make another one of them and put my seam ripper and tape measure in it so I hopefully stop misplacing them as well!

2 comments:

  1. What kind of jar should i use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any kind you having laying around! This was an old pint size canning jar. The tutorial in the link also used a pint size canning jar. I've seen them done with the more short and fat jelly type jar.

      Delete