Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Reward

My reward to myself for downsizing so much for our big garage sale was to keep a few items from my husband's aunt. She used to have a couple booths at some antique-y type places. Yes I know antique-y isn't a word but I didn't know what else to call them. They have some antiques and some things that are only antiques to some people, to others it's junk. Anyway, she had joined us for the big garage sale and had several tables full of glass. She gave us a glass baking dish and three glass Pyrex pie plates before the sale. I told her I'd take one because we didn't have one. Not sure what I'm going to do with 3 though! Not sure what I'm even going to do with one because my husband doesn't like pie unless it involves chocolate.

As we were packing up the leftovers from the sale she offered us the set of 6 small glass bowls. Custard cups I think she called them but I'm going to use them for prep cups for cooking. I've always wanted some little bowls for that.

Here is the small baking dish and the 6 small cups. All of them were made by Fire King. As I washed them up I was noticing how much character the glass has.
The one thing I spotted as I was helping her pack up was this old Ball Jar. I LOVE it! Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but I love it! It will become a decoration somewhere in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment