Friday, September 2, 2011

Meaningful Words

When I got home from feeding the horses this morning, my husband stopped me to read a scripture verse he came across: If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never get anything done - Ecclesiastes 11:4
I can't even begin to tell you how many things this applies to in our life right now. During the afternoon while he was at work, I started reading in my bible but I couldn't find the verse. I even called him and he told me which chapter he thought it was in. I read through 3 chapters trying to find it again. When he got home we discovered why I couldn't find it. In my bible 11:4 reads: "Farmers who wait for perfect weather never plant. If they watch every cloud, they never harvest." Now if we would have read my bible I don't think it would have connected as much. Both of ours are actually New Living Translations but we bought them a few years apart.
Do you have a favorite verse of the bible?

No comments:

Post a Comment