Friday, April 16, 2010

Dusted off the Sewing Machines!

It seems like it's been forever since I used one of my sewing machines. I was having withdrawals looking at all of my fabrics! So what did I sew? A strap cover for my camera!
Yes... it IS a film camera. My husband I will be those crazy people in a few years begging Kodak to not stop making film! We have a DSLR, but I have never been able to get into it for more than snapshots. I miss taking film photographs. I used to adore taking black and white photographs, creating and printing beautiful artistic works of art. I hear so many people in the digital work talk about grain in the photograph and it's a bad thing. In the film world, grain is what gives a black and white photograph it's true character and texture, it's part of the art of film photography. If you aren't familiar with black and white film art photography, look up Ansel Adams (my husband's idol!). And don't get me wrong here, I'm not against digital, I took the photograph of my camera with my husband's Nikon D70. I just want to go back to where my love of photography started and revisit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment