Monday, February 1, 2010

Handmade Monday

Over the weekend I went back through the Ottobre issues that I have looking for patterns that L fits into that she didn't before. In Ottobre 1/2006, I made design #12, the skirt with hem frill, except mine doesn't have frill at the hem. Using up more fabrics that I have on hand I made her an adorable little pirate skirt that she loves! She had a sundress made out of the fabric when she was barely walking, can hardly believe now she has a big girl skirt made out of it!

I could have made the elastic a bit smaller, but the way this skirt is constructed I didn't want to rip it apart to get to the elastic so I added a few pin tucks to the flat front panel which worked out great and took in just the amount that was making it a little too loose. I need to hem the pirate skirt, but I haven't decided if I want to add a trim, band of solid color or just hem it as it is. I also cut out another skirt, same pattern, more fabric from my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment