Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

Even if no one is reading this blog, I am having a blast having a place to put my random thoughts!

Today for lunch I made this Turkey and Vegetable Sandwich from Kraft Foods. This is actually the second time I've made this, but this time was a more successful version since we actually remembered to buy the artichokes.

One thing I really try to do is modify recipes to things that we have in the house regularly. In this recipe it is the focaccia bread, while it is delicious, wheat bread is easier for us to have around. I chopped up and mixed the mixture with the Italian mix, but I used jarred roasted red bell peppers and fresh green bell pepper as well as a mix of black and green olives. I built my sandwich as instructed on 2 pieces of butter wheat bread and places it on the good old George Foreman and turned it into my own make-shift panini sandwich. Tasty! Even my picky 2 1/2 year old took a few bites of my sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment