Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring has sprung... maybe

Wow, I hadn't realized it had been that long since I made a post. I guess I don't have as much to talk about in the winter! Spring is trying to get started but we're still having some pretty cold days. What's going on with me? Our cute little starter house (that we've been in for 7 years) has been on the market for one week now. We've had one showing and the feedback was cute, but too small... that's exactly how we feel too! It's nerve wracking but I'm going to keep praying that the right person comes along and sees it! Afterall, we don't even have a sign in our front yard yet, suppose to be today or tomorrow. And when people find out where we live, in the past 7 years we have had so many people say, "Oh I've always thought that was such a cute house!" Even though the house is on the market I can't stand to not start spring gardening! So L and I planted taters yesterday and onions today. My dad always planted potatoes but this is my first year and I'm doing the barrel/trash can planting method. There are a million instructions and videos out there showing how you can plant them in containers from a barrel to a 5 gallon bucket. We also planted onions, 1 row of red and 1 row of yellow, in the raised bed next to the driveway. I marked where I wanted them, L put them in the holes, I pushed them in and we bothed covered them with dirt. Great teamwork!!

Happy Spring!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! A post! :) I so want it to be warm outside to stay! I hate the back and forth weather. :P Way to go on the gardening! That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww so glad someone missed my posts! I've already scheduled a couple posts so I'm getting back into the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete