Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Budget Addition

Yes, this is a budget addition thanks to a very short grocery budget this week.

My wonderful husband has recently decided he links tuna. I think it was that he has never tried it before! Now that I can buy and make things with tuna, canned tuna that is, my mom shared a few recipes that she makes.


Today I made another batch of cold tuna pasta. The basic proportion is 1 can of tuna to 1 cup of elbow macaroni. Measure the cup when the pasta is dry before you cook it. It's as simple as cooking the pasta, draining it (and I rinse it off to cool it off so I can eat the pasta sooner), mixing it with a drained can of tuna. The other ingredients to mix in are all to your own taste - diced sweet pickles, diced celery, mayo(I do not like mayo so I use miracle whip type salad dressing) and just a touch of yellow mustard.

I made a few modifications today. I added 2 tablespoons of milk to add a little more creamy-ness, although I think I could have added more. Also, we didn't have any celery so I made 2 different batches, one with fresh chives from our garden and the other for Dh with green onions(the white and the tops). He will probably make his hotter by adding hot sauce to it when he eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment