Monday, October 4, 2010

Savings Time!

Since being laid off work I am pushing hard to get back into savings coupon mode. I wanted to take a photo of all the food I got this morning but my husband was putting it away when I brought it in and I plum forgot!

Between Meijer, CVS and Jewel I spent $64 and saved $56! I hear about people that spend like $10 on $100 worth of groceries but I haven't quiet figured that out yet! Saving $56 is pretty darn good for me and the more I do this the more I have been saving.

Here is everything I got for $64!
Jewel:
2 pkgs Fresh Pork Chops
2 pkgs Jennie-O Ground Turkey
2 cans Starkist Tuna
3 boxes of Pop Tarts
CVS:
2 bottles 50 oz. Wisk laundry detergent
Meijer:
4lbs. Chicken Thighs
1 Country Crock butter
2 boxes FiberOne bars
2 boxes Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches (husband loves these!)
2 family size Stouffer's lasagna
2 huge boxes of Rice Krispies
2 gallons of milk
3 condensed soups
1 bottle mustard
1 bottle ketchup
2 ranch dressing
2 frozen orange juice
2 loaves wheat bread
1 bag frozen broccoli
1 bag frozen peas
1 jar salsa

I know some people think, but you have to drive all over town. Actually for me we don't live in a big city and all the stores are all placed on one road not far from each other so I can do everything in one trip. I'm sitting here thinking it doesn't look like that much as a list but it sure looked like a lot in all the bags and dest of all my husband is thrilled to have some all the chicken, turkey and pork in the house again and the BOGO sales at Jewel on the Jennie-O Turkey and Pork Chops made an awesome deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment